Posted by da Front Porch on Wednesday, February 17, 2016 Under: Rappers
1. What is your name and where are you from? My name is Alexis Ayanna and I'm from Atlanta, GA.
2. How has your culture and heritage influenced your style and everyday living?
It has influenced me a lot. I grew up deeply into my West Indian & Latin heritage since my parents are from Panama and Barbados. I have yet to music that reflects my culture though. I am from Atlanta and my current style reflects the young Atlanta scene, so I don't think it is the right time for me to put out music with influences of my heritage. Eventually I will when I become a more established artist and venture into different genres of music.
3. Can you tell us about your music status? I am signed to an indie label in Atlanta, GA called Grown Money Entertainment. I am currently promoting my first single "Balenciaga" featuring Kwony Cash which is playing on radio stations throughout the Southeast region. I also released another song recently that is gradually being introduced to the public called "You Mad" featuring Lil Debbie.
4. Why did you decide to stay in school while pursuing your entertainment career? I stayed in school initially for a backup plan thinking if all else fails then I would still have another career option. I go to school for Fashion Merchandising because I have a love for fashion as well. Now, I continue school more so to help my music career since I am determined to make it in the music business. While going to Clark Atlanta I made so many connections with people that have different positions in this business and that has ultimately helped me to get where I'm at now in a span of 2 years.
5. How can people find you online? My website is www.alexisayaana.com. You can also stay connected with me on Instagram and Twitter @AlexisAyaanaas well as YouTube and Facebook @AlexisAyaana.
6. What is one goal you would like to reach this year? I would really like to get a distribution deal with a major label this year. That's probably my biggest goal right now.
7. Who would you say that you are a voice for? I feel like I am a voice for young women from the ages of 15-25. My music is about coming in to yourself as a woman, being confident, and independent.
8. What is your definition of a hustler? A hustler is someone who goes out and gets what they want by any means without letting other people tell them what can and can't do.
9. How would you describe the feeling of being on stage performing? I love being on stage. Seeing people's reaction to my performances is great and when people actually know my music that feels even better. I can't wait to do concerts and be on a big platform where everyone in the audience came out for me and show support. That's what I'm waiting for.