What is your name and where are you from?
Greetings, I am Taja
Collier. Hailing from the city beautiful of Orlando, Fl. Currently a scholar at
Florida A&M University in Tallahassee, Fl.
1. What are you studying at Florida A&M University and why did you choose that school? I am a first year pre cardiopulmonary science student at Florida A&M University. I Plan to get my masters degree in Science and after graduation look for major opportunities for medical school. I chose to attend FAMU in light of the fact that I was pulled in to Historically Black College and University conventions and I needed to facilitate my instruction some place I knew I could profit by.
2. Why did you join FAMU Senate? I joined the student senate because I have passion to serve, to be a leader and to listen to others concerns. I wanted to be the voice and work for the students because I care for their desires. My job is to ensure that the A&S fees that students pay every semester are being allocated properly and effectively. If you ask anyone who knows me well they would agree I enjoy my job and take it very serious.
3. What is Retool Your School? The retool your school is a campus
improvement grant program that grants schools a chance to win $50,000. It is
powered by Home Depot and FAMU currently stands in first place against fourteen
other universities. The online voting contest will end on April 24th,
2016. Please tweet #FAMU_RYS16 and
hashtag on social media!
How was your spring break in Miami? I really enjoyed my time relaxing under the sun in Miami, Fl for the first time for my spring break. My great friend Kayla Gallego (@misskaylagallego) invited me to reside with her along south beach to enjoy some time well spent in her hometown.
1. How can people find you online? Online
networking today is extremely prevalent and I myself is a proactive person who
is effectively posting on Instagram, twitter, Groupme, snapchat and even
Facebook. I jump at the chance to share my a considerable measure of my
encounters and pictures on online networking. The greater part of my present
online networking records are not private since any individual who wants, can
see my posts and take an interest in long range informal communication with me.
2. What is a hustler? In
my opinion, a hustler is a go-getter. Someone who does not stop their grind, handles
business until they get what they need and achieve their objectives.
would you like to see changed in your community? Experiencing
childhood in a low wage group, a broken home and being first generation student
I would like to see all the effective young African American ladies like myself
in my community, graduate secondary school and set off for college or
specialized school to exceed expectations in their vocation decisions likewise
to pick up experience of this present reality and permit them to assemble their
characters and appreciate a superior life.
4. Any last words or shout outs? I would like to give God thanks for all
of the doors he has opened for me to be successful and where I am today. Also I
would like to give a shout out to my mother for never doubting me and keeping
me on track throughout my 18 years of life. Lastly to my siblings for always
seeing potential in me that I could not see in myself, especially to my oldest
sister Alexis Jones a pre pharmacy student (alexisdjones_) who has successfully
guided me through my first year in college. I don't know where I would be without
her. Thank you for this interview and all of the great questions!
In : Services
Tags: taja collier famu senate
blog comments powered by Disqus